Saturday, March 7, 2026

Looking for the Ideal? Forget about Making a Decision

(The power one finds within himself to make a choice. You feel this is... in every man?)

What, the ability to make a choice? No, most people can't choose nothin'. They “A“and “B” at the death. They are in a total state of indecision and decide "I wanna do this, but..." Now that's conditioning and so we start in on the other side and then we wanna do that, but... They go the other way. So no, that is pure conditioning and is one of the things we'll look at tomorrow.

(Good.)

And if we will kick conditioning out the door and say, "Look this is the way it is -- there's no ideals,” you see. But we will consider that quite in depth tomorrow as to the way to be able to choose whatever’s out there - what you want to choose. 

I will give you one pointer for you to think about tonight. If you're not lookin' for the ideal, it's no problem. But if you're lookin' for the ideal, it's almost impossible to come to a decision or choice of any kind because we're always… a little thought comes up “what if this turns out this way,” so we're afraid to do that. 

So as long as you're not lookin' for the ideal -- it's fairly easy to make a choice. If you're lookin' for an ideal, it becomes next to impossible, but we'll look at that more tomorrow, okay? 

Retreat Whitney cd 2 (mistakenly written El Paso) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am going to be Glad later!

I'm not interested in goals. I do like to have an aim, and I make tentative arrangements. I just talked on the phone a minute ago and ma...