Monday, March 2, 2026

Accounts Receivables I -- Forgive us our Trespasses

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." 


You know, most of us ask for forgiveness, but that's about where we stop, you know. We're only interested in gettin’ saved so we won't have to burn, so, "forgive me.” But this says, “see Agape,” does it not?

“Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.” This is to see that whatever I'm doing is just like whatever you're doing:  I feel it's right, proper, and justifiable.

So if I'm askin’, “Father, forgive me, and don't rattle me over here because I did whatever I did. I thought that it was right or proper or justifiable at the moment. I saw that big stump and I was sure it was a bear and I want you to say, ‘Yeah, I thought it was a bear, too when I saw it.’ But now that other guy is just a bold-faced liar out there. He's a prevaricator. He's been tryin’ to pick on me.” See? 

So it says, “Let's have Agape.” This is a reminder to have Agape, is it not? Remind me that I can only do whatever it is that I feel is right, proper, and justifiable; and you can only do what you feel is right, proper, or justifiable, so how can I hold anything against you?

Now if I walk up and I feel you knew better than that, you’re pretty mean, but I’m gonna be good and forgive you. I’d say, “I forgive you [he pretends to mutter under his breath] If he does it again I'll curse.... [continues muttering] and it said seven times; let him do it two more….”, huh? Is that Agape? No! Nowheres near it. So this is only askin’ us to have Love. And we're asking for ourselves to have it, is that right? Not us to have Love

From Lord's Prayer, full transcript and audio available at the first link @ 
https://www.marshasummers.com/innerman/links.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am going to be Glad later!

I'm not interested in goals. I do like to have an aim, and I make tentative arrangements. I just talked on the phone a minute ago and ma...