Thursday, March 5, 2026

Definition of a Teacher

The teacher cannot tell you what you should do, ought to do, have to do; otherwise, he's an authority, which you don't need. The teacher, (who is) also a student, can only describe to you what is there, so that you can see it because you've been always told not to see it. You were told what you should do and what you ought to do and what you must do. 
All the teacher can do is to point out to you "what is," it is up to you to use it, okay?
The Study of Man '79, cd 2

... the teacher is the one who can really arouse you to consciousness of your conflict, struggle, and resistance. So if I bug you, I’m a pretty good teacher. But if I’m congenial with you, I’m just a friend, okay? 
From Way of Intelligence January 2002

FOUR KINDS OF TEACHERS
1. WORLDLY TEACHER--Teaches that one is responsible for self and how to live by rules to reach goals of self-improvement.
2. UNWORLDLY TEACHER--Teaches that one is responsible for self and how to have "spiritual experience" so one can gain the goals of spiritual attainment.
3. INTEGRATIVE TEACHER--Teaches that one is responsible for self and therefore can end all conflict, struggle and resistance by discovering the illusions which are obstacles to liberation.
4. DEVIL TEACHER--Teaches that one is not responsible for oneself and as a victim must accept ideal standards of control in order to be safe, and rewarded later.

Source:  The Place of Language in the Teachings  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am going to be Glad later!

I'm not interested in goals. I do like to have an aim, and I make tentative arrangements. I just talked on the phone a minute ago and ma...