Wednesday, February 18, 2026

What the heck is "Deep Therapy"? Who is it for? Does It really Work?

 *... So, this little voice that goes on on the inside is also another thing. So we will put along here with circumstances and other persons and accidental feelings, we'll put inner talking. 

Now, I think we all know about that inner talking, I use the word not-I. Now this inner talking that goes on, always says something derogatory about you or another or about circumstances. 

And further more I'll add one more attribute of it it's always a lie. So, everything it says is a lie. But it talks all the time, more or less constantly. If it sees you really having a good time, it really gets on the job because that inner talking's total food is human misery. And so it's gonna use some method or other to keep you miserable. And they're experts and they're very good at their job. And in case they're slippin' up a little bit they get night classes. While you're sleepin' they get a little study on how to work on you the next morning early. 

So, biggest part of the people it says, or 95% of the people, go into action, or their behavior is determined by accidental means you might say. 

Now of course if we compare any circumstance to an ideal, it's got a hole in it. Is that right off the bat, you know? If I've got an ideal circumstance dreamed up, no matter what's going on got something wrong with it. Is that right, Mark? 

Now I know people who have spent 20 years in what they call "deep therapy." They go to all kinds of shrinks, trying to find what's going on, they also go to a lot of lesser known ---  (talk is interrupted). So they spend years and years, and tremendous amounts of money, studying therapy- therapy working on the head. And what they generally work on is these not-I's. 

Now they just love for you to do that. They just love for you to go to a therapist and have your head worked on. Because you're still gonna have the same set of talking not-I's when you get through. 

So the not-I's continually work to have you feel that something is wrong. And they love for you to have therapy methods, and they have devised over the ages endless number of therapies, which many people have subjected themselves to, all in attempt to have a good feeling. But the minute you start having a good feeling about anything, they tell you either that it's a false good feeling, or that you are escaping into a good feeling. Or that it's extremely temporary, it won't last at all, it just can't last. 

So we really pay very little attention to the endless therapies that goes on. Because the only thing that really, gets round to making a total difference in how we're doing is the actions we take or the behavior. 

*This talk is about being self-determined vs other determined

For full discussion please refer to Motivation cd 1
Below source also has a transcription for the same part, in more complete form.
https://theteachingsofrobertrhondellgibson.blogspot.com/search?q=Inner+talking&m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am going to be Glad later!

I'm not interested in goals. I do like to have an aim, and I make tentative arrangements. I just talked on the phone a minute ago and ma...