Friday, February 27, 2026

"Mighty" Subconscious?!

In some terminology the primary urge to have pleasure and the decisions linked with it is called the ID. 

The urge to gain pleasure and escape pain by doing what one is told to do, and by beliefs built up about these things, is called the SUPER-EGO. 

The Chooser is called the EGO. These are all merely names given to functional parts of the fragmented awareness* (not actual anatomical divisions). 

The ID and the Super-Ego being formed or made up of decisions made with feeling, not words, are below the conscious level. The contents are not easily recalled into conscious awareness, therefore they are called the SUBCONSCIOUS. 

There is no great power resident in the subconscious as is stated in pulp magazines and advertised by those who wish to exploit the unwary by selling mail order courses on how to tap the power of the subconscious. It is filled with recordings of decisions made by the "I" and every happening that "I" was ever aware of, including dreams, many of which are never remembered on awakening. As was seen in the discussion on the child type of thinking and the child type of mind, there results many identifications and speculations based on equating things that were not equal and misconceptions based on the defective method of inquiry. This causes "I" to see things not as they are but as they appear through the now fragmented awareness. 

THIS CAUSES "I" TO FORM FOUR DUAL BASIC URGES. These four dual basic urges are an expansion of the first infantile decision after fragmentation takes place. Either side of the duality may be either primary or secondary according to what decisions were made by the child.

..

Basic Propositions for Inquiry and observation

*Proposition # 24 The awareness is fragmented by decisions made in infancy and in childhood resulting in conflict. 

Note: Once a decision is made with feeling, it is the rule of action until unmade

Please refer to Notes on Personal Integration and Health (available at )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am going to be Glad later!

I'm not interested in goals. I do like to have an aim, and I make tentative arrangements. I just talked on the phone a minute ago and ma...