Saturday, February 14, 2026

Cease to Conclude - Resist the Temptation to Know

To be in a state of knowing at a given moment is to be in a state of discovery where everything is new; one is seeing new relationships. One is seeing everything in a new light... But the temptation is that as soon as one has made a discovery, one forms a conclusion. 

So, one concludes paying attention; one is delighted with one's newfound discovery and one goes to "sleep.” ... One dreams that what one has observed or discovered is permanent. But everything in the world is in a state of change. So, a discovery is valid for this moment.

The perversion of conditioning, the effort to be secure entices him to come to conclusions. And he concludes, of course, that what it is now it will forever be. He has mistaken an event for a thing; and he feels that things are permanent, things are dependable.

However, if one observes even one individual, say a husband or wife, and observes them without any conclusion from the past as to what that person is like – in other words one sets down the accounts one has made against a given person and says, "I'm going to observe this individual,” – one will see that you have a brand-new person about, that it is not the same person one had formed the conclusion about. This is to awaken to see that everything is in a state of change, that there is nothing permanent in the visible world, that all are events that are ever undergoing change. And one can resist the temptation to "know." 

Intrigued? Please see SOM # 45 for full explanation and ways of transforming from static I-know (asleep) state to ever- changing discovery mode.

It was a big eye opener to relate labeling/ concluding that someone is such and such and having accounts receivable against him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am going to be Glad later!

I'm not interested in goals. I do like to have an aim, and I make tentative arrangements. I just talked on the phone a minute ago and ma...